We know you are on vacation and we want you to enjoy yourself, but please be considerate of other guests and neighbors by keeping noise to a minimum between the hours of 11 p.m. and 7 a.m.
We do not have an on-site office. If you have any questions or concerns during your stay, please call us at (507) 450-8151. The door to your cabin will be open when you arrive and two sets of keys will be on the table. Your final bill will be charged to the card on file unless you leave a check or cash for the balance due on departure. Please call with any payment questions.
Check-in & Check-out
Check-in time: Anytime after 4:00 p.m.
Check-out time: 10:00 a.m.
Noon early check-in and late checkout are available for an additional fee. Contact us to schedule.
Your credit card will not be charged at time of booking but will remain on file until we have inspected the cabin for any damages after your stay. Credit card charges incur a 3% convenience fee.
Reservations are non-refundable within 7 days of reservation. Prior to the 7 days, you will receive a refund less a $50 cabin fee. No shows forfeit the entire payment. No refunds or rain checks will be given due to weather conditions or early departure.
Big River Escape is pet friendly! Up to two pets can stay for an additional $10 per pet per night. Pets must not be left unattended in cabins. Keeps pets off furniture and bedding. Please keep your pets on a leash and clean up after them. Pet owners are responsible for any damages or accidents caused by their pet(s). Guests whose dogs are barking excessively will be warned once and then asked to remove the dogs from the property and/or leave. If you leave, no refunds will be given for your stay.
Parking is available to the north of the pavilion behind Buck, Eagle, Catfish, and Fox (cabins 6, 1, 2 and 3) on 20th Street. The area between Catfish and Fox (cabins 2 & 3) should only be used as a loading area and not for parking. Be sure to park your vehicle so it is not projecting into the roadway. Trucks, SUVs, and vehicles with trailers should park along 20th Street parallel to the road.
Trash and mixed (plastic, aluminum, tin, paper) recycling dumpsters are located at the rear of the property behind Crane (cabin 4) on the other side of the volleyball field.
Grills are first come, first serve. Please clean the grill after you use it.
Two fire pits are located in the courtyard. Firewood is available for $10 for a small wagon and $20 for a large wagon. Wagons can be found in the wood shed at the back of the property or in the courtyard area. Please place cash in the provided cash box.
Please leave cabins as you found them when you arrived.
- Smoking, vaping, and deep-frying foods in cabins is strictly prohibited. An excessive cleaning charge of $200 will be charged to the credit card on file for violations of this policy. When smoking on the property, please use designated receptables for ash and butt disposal.
- Do not place clothing or other items on the heaters.
- Please place sheets on the futons before sleeping on them.
Please leave cabins as you found them when you arrived. Before you check out:
- All dishes must be washed and bedding stripped and put into pillowcases.
- All trash containers must be emptied and placed in the trash and recycling dumpsters.
- All windows should be closed.
- Check the refrigerator, bathrooms and bedrooms carefully for your personal items before check-out. Any items left in the cabins after checkout will be held for 30 days and then disposed of.
- Cabins requiring additional cleaning (dishes washed, trash removed, heavily soiled carpets/floors) will be billed at $50/hour with a one-hour minimum.
- When checking out, please leave the keys on the table and lock all doors and turn off all lights.
Drinking water warning: The tap water at Big River Escape has nitrate levels exceeding the maximum allowed. This means that pregnant and nursing mothers and infants should not drink anything prepared with the tap water. Do not boil the water as it will actually increase the nitrate level in it.
A Critter Cleaning Cabin with running water, and a table, sink and trash can is located behind Cabins 4 in the white shed. Please do not clean critters in your sleeping cabins.
- Place all remains in a well-sealed bag before placing them in the freezer.
- Limit the amount of water that gets into the trash can as this will limit foul odors.
- Hose down the Critter Cleaning Cabin after use.
Holiday & Special Event Reservations
Holiday reservations and Opening Season for Gun and Duck hunting require a 2-night minimum stay.
Booking Your Next Stay
Ask us about booking the same dates next year. Book anytime up to or during your stay for 10% off your next stay (subject to availability at time of re-booking).
Our six cabins are nestled into a mature stand of trees providing plenty of shade after a long day on the river.
Explore the river on your kayak, canoe, or paddle board. Bike a 10-mile trail loop on the Great River Road. Use one of our grills to prepare dinner and eat under the pavilion with a view of the river and the spectacular sunsets, and then toast a stack of s'mores around the campfire.
Experience the beauty of the Mississippi River, Buffalo City and the surrounding areas.
Venture out a few miles to experience unique gift shops and restaurants in the small towns to the north and south of Buffalo City.